1 block soft tofu, slice into 2"x2" cubes
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/3 cup Japanese bread crumbs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Lay cut up tofu on paper towels to absord excess liquid.
- Combine flour and bread crumbs.
- Roll tofu pieces in flour-bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Fry until golden on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons refined sugar
2 tablespoons mirin
1/2 teaspoon bonito granules
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over fried tofu.
- Garnish with scallions and bonito flakes.
- Serve immediately.
1 stalk scallions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon bonito flakes