Friday, March 2, 2012

Kitchen (Life) Lessons From My Father


Most lessons I learned from my Dad were handed to me in the kitchen while I helped him cook. We would have these talks while both our hands were busy peeling, cutting or stirring.

I have told him countless secrets, sought his counsel and cried my heart out over just about anything we were preparing. I appreciate all those times even if it might not seem that way.

Here's a list of some of the lessons I learned. Though most of the time he was talking in terms of cooking, I believe they are life lessons too if you looked closely.

1. Do everything with love.

2. If something is not available, substitute.

3. Variety is the spice of life.

4. Practice first in, first out.

5. Clean as you go.

6. The best cure for a bad mood is one's favorite food.

7. When trying to lose weight, just eat less. No food is 'off-limits'.

8. Don't say "NO" until you've tasted something but,

9. Keep the tried and tested.

10. Whistle while you work

1 comment:

perez anne said...

love them all especially the first & seventh! thanks for sharing! God bless you always!